Bamboolik Organic Cotton SatinMenstrual Pads (4pcs + Gift Box)
This product contains 4 cloth menstrual pads in a recycled gift box
On average woman produces approx. 150 kg of non-biodegradable waste throughout her productive life. And by waste we mean used menstrual pads/tampons. Quite a heap, isn’t it?
Want to do something about it? Try reusable sanitary pads! You’ll soon find out that cloth menstrual pads have many pros.
What are the benefits of Cloth Menstrual Pads?
- They’re sooo comfy! Disposable menstrual pads are mostly made of artificial materials, we offer you organic cotton. With GOTS certification. That’s a different league!
- They’re much more breathable than disposables. Which makes them perfect for women who suffer from repeated infections and similar problems.
- They’re thin but super absorbing.
- Our cloth pads have the best fit! They’re not cut from one piece of fabric, wings included. The wings are sewn on the body of the pad and are separated by a hem around it. That means nothing will leak onto the wings and the pad always stay put.
- They’re a delight to look at! (Although no-one will see them. But it doesn’t matter, you’ll know! Walking around with a beautifully designed piece hidden in your underwear counts! :-))
When to use a Cloth Menstrual Pad?
- It’s a sufficient substitute for a disposable sanitary pad. You may only need something more absorbing for the night. On the other hand, towards the end of your cycle just a panty liner might suffice.
- Perfect for that later time after delivery when you need to wear some kind of protection every day, but it doesn’t have to be as absorbing as in the first days.
- Very suitable who those who suffer from light incontinency.
How many cloth pads do I need?
This depends on the length and the strength of your cycle, it´s very individual for every woman and can’t be generalized. We’d recommend counting how many disposable pads you use during your average cycle and buy the same number of reusable pads.
What is GOTS certification?
It’s the highest international certification in bio-textile industry. GOTS certificate guarantees that the production of both organic cotton and the final product is 100% eco-friendly and fulfils all the relevant standards. Moreover, GOTS means that the working conditions of those involved in the production are ethical and fair.
And one more thing: These pads were manufactured in our small sewing factory in Czech Republic that employs mothers of small children or single mothers. From women to women 🙂
Measurements: 25 x 7,5 – 9 cm
Absorbing layers: 75% Organic Cotton with GOTS Certification, 25% Cotton (= Contact layer – satin with pattern)
Waterproof layer: 100% Polyester with PU lamination (= Bottom layer, monochrome – white or black PUL)
Wings: 100% Polyester
How to use Organic Menstrual Pads?
Place the pad on the crotch of your underwear, with the patterned side facing your body = the monochrome PUL side facing your underwear. Fix the pad on the spot using the snap or velcro fastening.